8 Quick Tips For Childproofing
You may design your dream house as freely and creatively as you want when you live alone. You can also do whatever your heart pleases when you only have adults living with you in a house. But everything changes once you have a child in the household. More often than not, childproofing can even decide how your new house will new look. Here are some tips how to make childproofing easy breezy.
- Take a grand electrical outlet tour of your house. Check all the electric outlets within your child’s reach. Consider also those behind furniture. Provide all with plastic electrical outlet safety cover.
- Pay attention to sharp objects like cooking utensils and gardening tools. Keep them out of sight and out of reach. More so, lock the cabinet after keeping them. similarly, poisonous substances such as cleaning chemicals, should be carefully hidden from your child. Secure them in a locked place when not in use.
- Children have the tendency to put everything they touch and hold in their mouth. Be careful with choking hazards. Any object, big or small, can cause choking. It means everything – cords, cables, coins, jewelry, buttons, pins, and tons of things. Be sure that your child is always supervised, especially when playing. Keep an extra look on what your child is holding and playing with.
- In case that you have a gun in your house for your protection, keep it unloaded. Lock it in a place hidden from children of all ages.
- In the bathroom, never leave your child unattended at all times. Place toilet lid locks. These keep small children from playing in the toilet bowl to avoid possible drowning. Drowning may also happen even in buckets. To avoid water accumulation, store buckets upside down.
Medicines should be kept out of sight and reach. Using safety latches on medicine cabinets can prevent children from having access to them.
- In the kitchen, don’t leave the room when the stove is one. When cooking with your child, use rear burners, and keep handles turned toward the back of the stove.
- In the bedroom, remove all toys, comforters, pillows, and other items from the crib. These may cause suffocation. Also, smoke alarms may also give you peace of mind. Have a smoke alarm in all rooms of the house. be sure to check them regularly.
- In the basement and garage, don’t leave ladders and tools lying around. Keep them out of reach. Make sure to place poisonous and flammable substances such as paints, pesticides, cleaning chemicals and others in a locked cabinet.
Childproofing may be a tedious task. It also entails an eye for details as you don’t want to risk your child’s life. At Sameday Insurance Services Inc., we take pride in making sure that our clients are well-protected at prices they can afford. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (888) 750-9775 or Click Here to request a free quote.